by Sandy on 4 December, 2011
Now that the dark winter nights have returned there seems to have been an increase in dog fouling (again) on the Cambridge estate.
I have today written to Leeds City Council asking them the following questions;
1) Who are able to enforce penalties ie. Dog Wardens, PCSO’s, Council Officers etc
2) When was the last 3 visits to the estate by dog wardens
3) A request for more ‘No Dog Fouling’ signs & ‘Dog Waste’ bins
If you see someone allowing their dog to foul please (do not put your safety at risk doing so) and wish to report the matter, gather the following details;
1) take some details of the offender; their gender, height, approx age, address (if known), car number plate if in car
2) details of the dog; colour, breed, distinguishing marks
3) note the time and place the incident occurred
4) Do they normally walk the dog at the same or similar time of day
This information can then be passed to Leeds City Council by either telephoning 0113 222 4407 or by emailing them on email@example.com. Further details are available from the City Council website here
Lets hope that together we can eliminate dog fouling from the estate .